ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH & SAFETY POLICY
As a leading manufacturer of pharmaceuticals products, we are committed to conducting our business responsibly in the area of Environment, Health and Safety across all our operations globally by adopting the following principles:
- We shall comply with all applicable statutory EHS and other requirements at all times and our effort shall be to exceed these standards where appropriate.
- We are committed to continual improvement of our EHS performance by providing a safer and healthy workplace, conserving natural resources, preventing pollution, reducing carbon emission intensity and designing facilities that minimize environmental impact for long term sustainability of Glenmark.
- We shall focus towards reducing waste in any form and ensure its safe disposal.
- We shall train, motivate and proactively engage our employees towards our commitment to EHS, and shall always strive to minimize occupational injury, prevent ill health and risks to our employees.
- We shall ensure protection for all employees from exposure to any substance or activity which may be hazardous to health through regular risk assessments and safety audits.
- We shall establish sound EHS objectives and communicate our EHS performance to all employees and stakeholders.
- We shall guide and encourage our associates to adhere to our EHS practices.
Glenmark’s philosophy is to conduct its operations in a manner that is ethical, transparent, proactive, environmentally conscious and sensitive to all its stakeholders.